RE: "Agacucho" (and species id)

>There is a region and a city in Peru that is Ayacucho and a city on the
Orinoco in Venezuela called Puerto Ayacucho.  Hopefully I dont have 1 male
agasizzi and 2 female
Agacuchos.

A local store had a batch of apistos come in as gibbiceps a few years back.
 As they grew out, we determined that most of them were sp. "4-stripe"
(though it took a few years, actually, until pictures came out).  There
were a few others mixed in that turned out to be brietbinden.  So, when you
are looking over sp. "4-stripe" that might be from wild stock, be looking
for brietbinden.  Note also that brietbinden are known to come from Orinoco
tributaries in Venezuela, so that tends to suggest location for "4-stripe"
as well.

Tom