Re: Not about Apisto's but about dwarf's

On Fri, 01 Aug 1997 13:58:53 +0000 Robert Park <park00@earthlink.net>
writes:
Hello,

  This post is not about Apisto's but it is on Dwarf Cichlids.
I was just wondering where I could get some Pelvicachromis, if anyone
has any out there they would be willing to sell. Please E-mail me.

  Thank You.

  Robert
    Park

Robert,

I live in Michigan. A local store named WET PET carries several species
of Pelvicachromis.
i.e.  humilus,roloffi,taeniatus and subocellatus. Prices were a little
bit higher than I expected.
However, I am told that the stock are all WILD. Pairs of the following
fish were available this
week. Fish were all adult specimens.
Pelvicachromis sp.
rollofi
taeniatus "Wouri" $75.00 pr.
taeniatus "Moliwe" around $50.00
humilus
selction of wild kribs
and subocellatus he orders West Africans once every 4 months.
Also of interest he carries several different kinds of Apistogramma
such as
agassizii,cacatuoides,sp."Pandurini",nijsseni,resticulosa and
sp."breitbinden"
also several cool tanganyikan and lake malawi cichlids.
Drop me an email if interested.
The phone number at WET PET is (248) 559-2858.
Regarding the humilus I think they were "Yellow" possibly. I can't
remember exactly.
I was just overwhelmed to actually see these fish in a store.
It would probably be best to call him at the store. Ask for Todd Potter.
He should be
able to set you up with some fish better than I can.
Another source for these might be Anchor Bay Aquarium in New Baltimore,
Michigan.
www.he.net/~aquafish    Phone 810-725-1383
I bought a pair of "Moliwe" there about 2 months ago for $30 a pair.

Also Waterlife Imports in New Jersey has lots of pairs available.
Phone 201-827-2361
Fax 201-827-2095
Sales Fax 201-475-9042
Average price for pairs are 25 or 30 dollars.
calabar,lobe,kienke,moliwe,klugei,nange and redthroat.
Also what about Phil Pearson in West Viginia I believe he breeds a number
of Pelvicachromis.
And Kurt Zadnik with ACA lives in Kentucky as of recently he to may have
what you want.
Talk to you soon.
Phillip Ryti
Rytireefs@juno.com
p.s. I believe other dwarfs are up for topic not just Apistogramma.