Re: was an otto?

At 14.22 23/08/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Someone asked what an otto is. Well its a real name is ottcinclus affins
>I think I spelled that right. They get about 2-3 inchs tops, and make

The right spelling is "Otocinclus affinis"; another name for it is
"Otocinclus vittatus".
Some authors believe the two names refer to the same fish, while others
refer to the first as the one with spotty brown color, and to the second as
being the one with a more uniform brown-gray color. I personally believe
the latter is right.

It you'd like, the right pronunciation is "otoceencloos affeeneez", with
'clus' of Otocinclus sounding like the word "clues".
The double e stands for a sound like 'ea' in the word "each".

Bye!

         (. .)             bonomini@freenet.hut.fi