Re: A. linki

Mike,

If you can't find another female and you can get this pair to
spawn, you still might try them. I once had a spawn of C. nigrofasciatum
with deformed gills. I suspected environmental causes and bred the
deformed fish out of curiosity. Their fry were normal. I bred some
of these fish for a couple of generations and never saw the deformity
again. It's possible your female is genetically sound but is deformed
for some other reason. My impression is that A. linki is rather hard
to find. I wouldn't rule out using your female entirely if you can't
find another.

Don

Donald Nute
Professor and Head, Department of Philosophy        (706) 542-2823
Director, Artificial Intelligence Center            (706) 542-0358
The University of Georgia                       FAX (706) 542-2839
Athens, Georgia  30602, U.S.A     http://ai.uga.edu/faculty/~dnute