apistos wasting away

Hi all,

I actually have a question relevant to apistos, but I would just like to say
that our recent threads have taken what was a wonderful list and added a
fairly nasty attitude we don't really need.

First of all, just because someone is fairly well respected in the hobby
does not make them infallible. Please, no god-like hero worshipping - it can
occasionally perpetuate incorrect information and stifles creative thinking.
Look at Axelrod.

Secondly, I had two Siamese Algae Eaters in my plant tank. Purchased at
Albany Aquarium (people who supposedly know their SAE's), and YES, I read the
article in AFM to confirm the spp. id, and you know what? They were
incredibly aggressive and tormented my D. filamentosus as they grew. I got
rid of them.

As I'm sure you all know, sometimes a species will not act the way it is
supposed to. Ask any fishkeeper and they will all have their stories.....
Go with whatever makes you happy.

Now, as to my apisto problem, I bought a pair of A. pulchra. The male is
gorgeous, but the female was quite thin when I got her (unfortunately, all the
females were like this). I took her home, where I treated with metronidizole
and tried to fatten her up. She looks worse, of course. Any suggestions on
an antibiotic to try? (Or any other suggestions?) Should I go after worms
next? (I'm a little more afraid of these meds being toxic - metronidizole never
hurt any of my fish).

Thanks,
Lisa