Re: Apistogramma picture

Len/Geo wrote:

> Hi
> I`m looking for a picture of a Apistogramma ambloplitoides. Common
> name
> Peruvian Dwarf Cichlid.

My advice is to disregard the name which the store gave and try to
identify the fish with books. It seems obvious that the store is just
slapping on a name. One tip is that it is probably from Peru, but that
might be all the help you'll get from the name. I'd hate to see you or
anyone else get fish, spawn it, and then pass on the fry with a
store-given name as if some expert had identified it as such.

- -- Randy Carey
http://www.spacestar.net/users/carey/fishroom/