Public apology to all

I feel this whole tirade may be simply because I stated my views more
strongly than is consistent with those views.  In my original posting, I
explained why I did not want to use algae eaters of any kind.  Gomberg
suggested I try Siamese algae eaters, anyway.  When I restated my reasons,
perhaps more nastily than necessary, I was attacked visciously, simply
because I didn't do as "ordered" by his Lord High Counsel.  I am not
unequivicolly opposed to the use of any kind of algae eater.  I simply prefer
not to run the risk, however minimal, of a repeat disaster.

However, a few of you have confirmed that attacks do occasionally occur, with
any species of this group.

I used Venezualan Ramshorns with apistos, angels, and killies in the early
eighyys, and never had a problem with them attacking eggs.  That is what I am
going to try again.  They actually are quite small, and do not really have
the bite to harm eggs, to the best of my experience.  By the way, I found and
they  are kicking algae butt for two days now.

I would really like to find a means to control phosphates in my tanks, as
this is the real culprit in algae blooms.  I will eventuially come up with
that answer, and then will either keep or get rid of the snails.

IdMiamiBob