Re: Public apology to all

Thanks Erik, that was a nice summary.

>After hearing from (Lisa?) yesterday that snails can actually go after the
>eggs, I think we're going to go on a Ramhorn snail eradication campaign in
>these tanks.  I never thought about that before... thanks!!!

I can't claim the credit, here. I think it was Matthew.

>And finally, the best algae preventing method we use in our species tanks
>is to keep LOTS of floating and fast-growing plants.  It's a pain to have
>to take them out to get the juveniles out, but it sure keeps the
>nutrients down, and the fish LOVE the cover.

I also don't bother with algae eaters of any kind, and instead *try* to use
plants as well. Java moss is my big favorite - fry love it and it seems to
grow
fairly easily (I'm not great with aquatic plants). As I mentioned in a post
quite awhile ago, I rather like having some algae in the tank - it provides
infusoria for the fry (what a great rationalization, too).

Lisa