Re: Response to Matthew.

Howdy,

>  Perhaps I am overstating my viewpoint.  I am not aying that all fish of the
>  group we generally lump together as algae eaters are viscious killers.

Good.  It did appear that you were saying that.  Further, you were saying
that a CAE was an "algae eater" which is what most here was disagreeing with.

>  Only that I have had some problems with one kind and choose not to run
>  the risk, however minimal, with another kind.  I am choosing (and by
>  the way have found) some Venezualan Ramshorms, precisely because their
>  numbers are easily controlled.

This is not my experience.  After having a tank up for a few years I have
a ton of these tiny little creatures and while they keep my algae near 0,
I also don't ever see the eggs of my frequently spawning A. nijsseni.

>  Gumby disagrees with what I consider a thought out and measured
>  approach.  I don't know why he can't just live with that.

The only reason Gumby gives a wit is because Gumby disagrees with what
you've generalized and what you're doing and wants all newbies to this
hobby and list to understand that with apistogramma and other dwarfs SAE,
otos, farlowellos, and other algae eaters are fine and dandy companions
and will allow you to find the dwarfs spawning, while snails will
ordinarily (not *always* cause you to lose your eggs).

				Cheers,
				Matthew