Re: Nation goto the bathroom day in mytank?

Hi all,

Mike said:

>PS I have a choice of fish to purchase soon. Getting both is not possible,
>as I do not have the space. So what do you think. Crenicara punctulatum or
>{elvicachromis taeniatus?? Both dwarfs. Thanks.

I have seen C. punctulata and wasn't too impressed by their coloration.
These were fairly large fish, too, but perhaps they color up better in the
home
aquarium. Anybody acutally kept them? I would stick with filamentosa or the
greatly-desired maculata (PS - I want some, too) if your'e going to keep
checkerboards.

I think all P. taeniatus are lovely fish, though some of mine have been
real bastards (I had a female break into a holding area containing another
female
and strip off caudal and pectoral fins + 75% of her body scales in about 8
hours). Which collection location? These might be the way to go, here. I've
kept stable pairs in 20 gal aquaria, so they don't have to have alot of room.

(We need Gary, here. I think he has alot more experience with these).

Lisa