Re: Amazon Vital/Algae control

On 9/2/97 4:40 PM Ed Pon (edpon@hotmail.com) wrote:

>Some months ago, in Fresh Water and Marine Aquaria (FAMA), one of the
>columnists was citing the benefits of a new product from Mark Weiss. It
>was some kind of water conditioner that was supposed to do wondrous
>things for your water quality and algae control.  There was supposed to
>be a soft water version called Amazon something or other.  The recent
>discussion on algae control via variouse algae eating agents just jogged
>my memory on this product.  Has anybody tried this product, and is it as
>wondrous as claimed in the FAMA article?

I tried it and noticed no change in my tanks. It calls for daily dosing,
and I used it as prescribed for about three weeks, and less regularly
after that. I noticed no diminishment of algae nor any other miraculous
effects. The directions suggest that it is intended for long-term use, so
perhaps I gave up too early.

I thought that the FAMA columnist was overly gushy about Amazon Vital,
but I've been generally impressed with other Marc Weiss products and felt
that it was worth a try.

Pete Johnson  /  San Jose, CA  /  petej@wordsanddeeds.com