Re: Apistogramma borellii

>Simone,
>I have two females and 1 male borellii in a 15 gallon tank.

My name is Kaycy. I too have spawned the 'borellii'. I used a ten gallon
tank for one pair. Fine layer of sand. Because they are cichlids and like to
move their fry around in pits. I buy bulk dry plant bulbs and let them grow
in the tanks. I also have my pH at 5.0. I use an R.O. unit for all my
apistos. I don't use dither fish because the way my tanks are set up - side
to side - on a rack, the apisto 'next door' gives the same effect as using
dithers. It's a lot safer for the other fish too.

I don't know if this helps you, but it is another way of breeding apistos.

Kaycy