Re: Flakes and apistos

Flakes and apistos! I thought this was a posting about us apisto list
types...

I get my apistos to eat flakes as a "busy morning" food supplement. The
key for me is in 2 things:
 the quality of the food. I haven't seen earthworm flakes, but my
apistos will take most 'soft flake" - not the almost stiff, brightly
coloured flakes that seem more and more popular now. I hate to use brand
names, but the tetra-min style works and the wardley's style is detested
by them. They eat micro-pellets too.
 Wright's comment was one I would make too - the companion fish matter.
I haven't kept M praecox yet, but any tetra, pencil or killie that
srikes its food at the surface seems to help. Kept alone, my apistos are
too shy to forage much, at least if they're F-O. It makes sense to me -
the first time I saw Tofu, I wasn't sure it was food til I saw someone
else eating it.
- -Gary