Re: Apistogramma borellii, ETC.

Thanks to all for their postings
regarding Apistogramma borellii.

Question?
Many on the list I'm sure have experience or
are currently breeding some kind of dwarf cichlid.
Does anyone have a problem selling there fry?
Either at at store or local hobbiest?
Right now I'm working with 7 different Apistos
and 3 West Africans. I would like to see these
fish more in stores but I just don't see it happening.

Kurt Zadnik was at our club meeting this month.
In our conversation, I asked him what people ask him
the most when they call.
Number one question, Where do I get these fish?
I would say that I am fortunate or spoiled to some extent.
With at least 4 stores within an Hour of me carrying these
type of fish. So I guess that's why I try to find other sources
for these. Probably about 15 species of Apistogramma or
more ? are available at any time. Pelvicachromis are only
slowly becoming more available. I hope to try to breed as
many of these as possible with the intention of spreading
these fish throughout the hobby. Dreaming probably!!

I would just like to say that I appreciate this list as very informative
and interesting. Contacts I have made via this list are becoming
invaluable.
Lastly, please let us on the list know when some of your fry
becoming available. Especially, those hard to find ,rare or
never spawned before fish. For instance the gibbiceps,
mentioned by Mike Jacobs, I think that it is awesome that
he got these fish to spawn. Hope with discussion like this
will spread these fish in the hobby as they should be.
Thanks,
Phillip Ryti
RYTIREEFS@JUNO.COM