Re: Flakes and apistos

My cucatoides eat Tetra Mihn like it was candy.  We originally got them for a
home science project for my fifth grader, and she found it easier to deal
with than frozen or live.  The fish don't seem to object, and yes, the males
will go to the surface of the thirty gallon he is in.  They spawn regularly,
and the only food they get besides the flakes is frozen brine once or twice a
week, and frozen bloodworms about once a month.  In fact, they spawned last
Monday, I removed the rock the eggs were on on Wednesday( I suspect it of
leaching minerals and buffering both pH and hardness upward), and they
spawned again on Friday.  U think they are getting all the nutrition they
need, with that kind of performance.
Bob