Re: factors relating to growth

On 09/29/97 at 04:59 p, Randy or Deb Carey <carey@spacestar.net>
said:

> doubling length probably quadruples body mass.

Actually, eight times.

And I believe that most cichlid parents feed the fry actively.  By
that I mean that the custodial parent(s) do one or more of the
following:  (1)  Go get big food and chew it up and spit out the
fine stuff for the fry  (2) Stir up the gravel to help the fry find
bacteria, protozoa, small inverts, etc.  (3)  Make slime or ... for
the fry and who knows what else.  That is why I believe that fry
grow faster when left with a parent.

- --

Dave Gomberg, FormMaestro!                     http://www.wcf.com
 gomberg@wcf.com