Re: 'emerald' & 'red lob xingu'

Randy or Deb Carey wrote:

> Ken Laidlaw wrote:
>
> > All,
> >
> > A friend of mine has asked if anyone has any information on
> > the following species.
> >
> > Apistogramma sp EMERALD
> > A. sp MADERIA RED TAIL
> > A. sp RED LOBE XINGU
> >
> > I do not know if she has these fish yet as the question
> > came via another friend.  Any information would be much
> > appreciated.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Ken.
> >

> The "emerald" and "red lobe xingu" seem to be the names that Marco Lacerda was
> labeling fish he sold at the ACA.

Hi, Randy! Correct, those fishes were at ACA convention, I also believe
that Ken's friend got them there.

> (I think the labeling went something like: A.
> gephyra "red lobe xingu".)  The "maderia" sounds familiar, so perhaps all three
> came from Marco at the ACA (is that possible, Ken?).

I just make a note:
A. aff. gephyra 'red-tail' and A. sp. 'red lobes Xingu' are two quite
different species, although sympatric. The latter is already reported in
aquarium literature (see my e-mail to Ken), and the first is a new
undescribed species. J. Melgar, another friend from ASG, also noticed
some similarities of the first with A. pulchra (which is another species
belonging to the same group, together with A. agassizii and A. gephyra,
as you know).

> Anyway, Marco apparently subscribes to this list.  He's works with Apisto's in
> Brazil and claims to have sent certain species to Sven Kullander for ID's.

That's right. The material I've sent Kullander is now on NRM collection.
And, yes, I subscribe to this list!

> Marco, do you have anything to say about these three Apisto's?

Other infos about those Apistos I've mentioned on Ken's e-mail.
If I can help anybody else with more information, pls let me know.

> --Randy Carey

All the best, Marco.