[Fwd: Appeal from the list maintainer]

- --------------7D8E3F106DB1

Francis Brian O'Carroll wrote:

> I plead with everyone to take care to trim their quotes ruthlessly.
>
> Frank O'Carroll
> List Maintainer

Hey folks, if you look in the archives you will see what he means.
Those of us who do this every day are the most lax and we all know who
you are replying to.  Why Quote at all if it really doesn't add to what
you are saying.  Just say it.  Also, if you don't know how to "forward"
and "edit" instead of "reply", experiment.  Make an error and maybe we
will all forgive it, or maybe 50,000 volts back through the keyboard.
This is an unbelievable source of fun and info, so quote if you must,
but it usually is not necessary.  Or maybe it's just the Scotch, I give
up.       I think that would be "List Maintainor".