Re: Toxic Pheromones?

<< Isn't a Pheromone what a pig puts out.  Certainly letting the family
> pigs play in the aquariums could cause there to be toxic pheromones.
> Good thing that Amquel thought to include this very important substance
> within the bottle. >>

A pheromone is an airborne hormone, designed to achieve anything from
submission from lesser males in a herd or pride, to sexual stimulation in a
member of the opposite gender.  The abdomens of female luna moths have mated
with males and laid eggs even after separation from the rest of the animal.
 It has been demonstrated that these abdomens attracted the male moths to
them by emitting pheromones.
    Also, many mammals will "mark their territory" by emitting pheromones,
the most commonly known being called <musk>, when they urinate.
    I suppose it is reasonable that fish may also use "Scent Communication"
in the water, and it would be reasonable to also refer to the responsible
chemical "messengers" as pheromones.  I can't imagine why Amquel would want
to eliminate them from fresh tap water, but hey, they're the experts.

Bob Dixon