Fwd: Re: Moina

>I just killed a culture that I got from Robert Nhan. I'm pretty sure it
>was the true species, for our nights were cool enough to kill it. If
you
>know Robert, contact him. If not, get back to me next week, and I'll
try
>to have a culture-starter to share.
>
>Wright

Wright--I don't know if you can tell if they're true moina from them
dying due to our cold temperature (it doesn't get that cold this time of
year in Fremont).  One of the articles that I was able to find on Moina
said that Moina did not die back or go dormant in the winters like
daphnia does.  I do know Robert, but have not seen much of him since he
had his first baby earlier this year.  I understand your new killifish
club meets at the same Round Table Pizza that the PCCA does, but on a
different Saturday of the month. Let me know if you get any starter
cultures and I'll make it a point to drop by and buy one from you.
Thanks for your help.