Re: Apistogramma sp TUCURUI.

Several months ago Darren and I were fortunate enough to purchase 2 pair at
the BAKA conference auction. I brought them home, put them in separate tanks
and found that the one pair was actually 2 males and the other pair was a
pair. The tank with the female lost the male. I took the male from the other
tank that was being harrassed by the dominate male and placed him with the
female. He soon died. I then placed the female with the dominate male and
actually got them to spawn. Only once. I lost the pair about 2 weeks later
after a partial water change.

Now, I don't know what actually happened to them, but I suspect that the
water change was too much for them. I had them in straight R.O. water and
the temp. was at 76* F.  My other apistos seem to handle the water change
much better.

My advice if you do manage to get ahold of some is be very careful with your
water changes. They appear to be quite sensitive to them.

I took the eggs (just in case) and sent a few to Ron Coleman of PCCA to
study. The other eggs never hatched.

Kaycy