Borellii sick or just spawning

Hi there,
            I'm having a big trouble, I think, with my apisto.
My apisto Borellii female seems to feel really bad like if she is dying.
She stays still near the gravel under a leaf of Limnophila sessiflora and
its color that was yellow till this morning has changed to a very pale
yellow.
The male seems to take after her, infact he stays near her protecting from
other fishes showing its fins. This female had to lay her eggs in these
days but even if its belly is fat and its surely near the spawn period she
does
not act as if she is going to lay eggs or maybe she is but I can't
understand it.
She is maybe one year old now, and probably her four spawns shortened her
life. The male and the other female seem to be OK so if she is sick the
illness infect only her.

What do you think?
No wounds detected on her body.
Simone Vicini (psvicini@mdnet.it)