Re: Borellii sick or just spawning

>The male seems to take after her, infact he stays near her protecting from
>other fishes showing its fins. This female had to lay her eggs in these
>days but even if its belly is fat and its surely near the spawn period she
>does not act as if she is going to lay eggs or maybe she is but I can't
>understand it.

It sounds as if she had spawned and he probably ate the eggs and he is still
trying to spawn and she isn't ready. She sounds like she maybe stressed and
if so will probably waste away and die. If you have another tank I would
suggest putting only her in it to recuperate. When putting her back into the
tank with the male rearrange the tank so he doesn't have the territories
staked out and then she can get accustomed to the tank again while he is as
well and he probably won't be harrassing her.

>She is maybe one year old now, and probably her four spawns shortened her
>life. The male and the other female seem to be OK so if she is sick the
>illness infect only her.

If she is diseased, separating her will tell you and then she won't infect
the other tank mates either is she is.

Hi Simone. Did you get your Apisto-Gram?

Kaycy