Fwd: going to San Jose

>Does anyone know anything about the fish availability in the San Jose
(or
>surrounding) area?  I'm leaving Friday evening (Oct 31) for a week-long
software
>conference, and while I'll be in the area, I'd like to know if there's
any place
>I ought to hit.  It doesn't have to specialize in Apistos, just
freshwater
>species.  Or, it could even be a serious hobbyist who would welcome a
visit.

In Campbell, sort of a suburb of San Jose, there is Dolphin Pet Village.
They usually have a good variety of dwarves.

In Mountain View, a little north of San Jose, there is the Waterline.
The Waterline brings in dwarf cichlids from time to time although the
owner says they don't move as well as some of the other fish he brings
in.

In San Francisco, about 50 miles north of San Jose, there is Nippon
Aquarium (I think it used to be Nippon Goldfish), and Ocean Aquarium.
Nippon gets in dwarf cichlids depending on whether there is a person
working there at the time that is into dwarf cichlids.  Ocean Aquarium
is located in an alley (Cedar St.) and always have some dwarf cichlids
as well as other interesting fish (the owner is a hobbyist/fancier).

In Sunnyvale (maybe Cupertino), minutes from San Jose, there is a store
called the Fish Tank that occasionally gets interesting fish.  It's a
little out of my way, so I don't get there very often.

I most highly recommend Ocean Aquarium in San Francisco because of the
wide variety of interesting fish.