RE: Under ground filter or not?

GREAT QUESTION!!
I have been asking the same question for the last month and have gotten some
interesting answers but I think that I have my own opinion embedded firmly in
logic...First of all I am going to get rid of my UGFs and replace them with
sponge filters.  The UGF has one major flaw and that is that eventually the
system will become unstable and you will not like the results that follow.
The advantage of a sponge filter over a UGF although not as attractive is you
can clean it without breaking down the entire tank.
Rick Gomes