RE: Newbie Questions -Reply -Reply

>>There's a lot of confusion and misinformation that's been
propagated by local fish shops (LFS) ...<<

And poor product, in some cases.  At this years American
Killifish Convention there was a both from a local dealer that
specialized in plants.  I have never seen such beautiful
looking specimens.  Most of the stuff I see in my LFS is pure
rot.  The fish aren't so great in most of them either.

>>please read up on the hobby from non-commercial
sources like Eric Olson's "The Krib" section on plants, the
Aquatic Plants Digest mailing list archives (and join the
digest list) and particularly notable aquatic gardeners whose
names you'll run across in those readings.<<

Here!  Here!  They are excellent sources of info.

Bill Vannerson
McHenry, IL USA
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/William_Vannerson
(updated 10/21/97)