Re: water question

At 03:40 PM 11/7/97 -0600, you wrote:
> [...]

		(SNIP)

>William,
>
>"Water softeners" exchange calcium- and magnesium-carbonate ions as well
>as some other heavy ions and exchange them with sodium chloride (salt).

		SNIP

Thank you Carlos but one difference in the case of my system.  This is
probably
getting to be more true for modern systems because of medical issues but the
process in our case is the exchange of the Ca & Mg carbonate ions for a
Potassium ion because higher levels of sodium salt is not good for persons who
may be subject to high blood pressure problems.  I will look at the Krib.

>Check the Krib for more info on water softeners, RO units, and all related
>subjects at:
>
>         http://www.co.caltech.edu/~aquaria/Krib/
>

>-Carlos
>--
>Carlos E. Munoz                 Crystal Semiconductor Products Division
>cmunoz@crystal.cirrus.com       Cirrus Logic, Inc.  Work:(512)912-3126
>"Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur."

       William M. Groth
       groth@ruf.rice.edu
       Senior Staff Auditor
       Internal Audit Department