Re: Plastic toxin in tank

>What should I do?  Any products I could use?  The fish seem to be O. K.
>but I not purchasing fish for awhile.
>
>Any suggestion would be helpful

Years ago, maybe 9 years now, I used to use the SNAP type kids swimming
pools for raising thousands of Corydoras at a time. I found these to be the
ONLY kids pools that could be safely used for fish.

>I purchased a RUBBERMAID garbage container on wheels that I was using to
>store tap water in.
Manufacturers aren't going to label their containers as having something
toxic in them if it isn't specified specifically for fish. These garbage
containers you got were probably manufactured specifically for 'garbage'.

Rubbermaid blanket storage containers, clear ones, were also useful in
rearing corys. These were not toxic.

One has to be very careful when purchasing something made of plastic or
other heavy plastic material to use with fish. Fish are more susceptible to
toxins in these containers than humans.

Talk to your pet retail stores that store bulk bird and small animal feed. I
purchased 3 - 30 gallon and 1 - 60 gallon barrel that one store that was
going out of business was selling. The barrels used to hold bird and small
animal feed and still, 3 years later, have the content names on the barrels.
It can't hurt just to ask them if they know where you may get ahold of some.
I use the 60 gallon for my RO water.

Kaycy