[none]

Hi All,

I have just obtained a pair of steindachneri from my
friend.  They spawned once for him but unfortunately ate
the eggs.  The male is about 2.5 " and the female 1.5.  I
have seen in the books that the maximum total length for
these fish is 4", can anyone confirm this as I've never
seen an apisto this large.  I'd say 3" is a good size for
any that I've kept seen in the past.

They seem to be quite secretive and spend more time hiding
than other apistos e.g. nijsseni or cacatuiodes, is this
normal for them?

Any tips on successful breeding (pH , temp etc)would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ken.

Ken Laidlaw
Royal Observatory, Edinburgh