Re: New Dwarf cichlids Book

Mike Evans wrote:

> I have just recieved word that there is a new South American Dwarf Cichlids
book soon to be available It will cover Apistogramma, Mazarunia, Dicrossus,
Crenicara, Taenacara, Apistogrammoides, Biotoecus, and Microgeophagus.

> It will cover the behaviour, the keeping in captivity and the breeding is
depicted.

> An absolute must for every freind of the South American Dwarf cichlids.
>
> I have also been informed that there is some species in this book not
currently pictured in the Aqualog book.

> It is 190pp 140 full color pictures, maps.
>
> The authors are: Hans-j. Mayland, Dieter Bork.

I have the German edition of this book (I didn't know there was a
translation...). I like it. As stated it covers the Geophagine and
Crenicarine species of dwarf cichlids. Laetacara, Nannacara and
Teleocichla (and dwarf Crenicichla) are therefore not included.
Apistogramma take up most of the book, which is only natural
considering the size of this genus.

It does contain a couple of species not included in the Aqualog,
but a lot of species depicted in Aqualog aren't included in this
book either so it's not complete (we all know how fast things are
happening right now with new species being discovered and described
- - Ap. atahualpa just to mention one.)

I haven't had a lot of time to really error-check it yet (I'm not really
qualified either) but the texts are good, esp. concerning breeding info.
There are downs as well as ups with this book. If anyone wants more info
email me.

Does anyone know anything about the supposed book from Uwe Roemer?

Fredrik Ljungberg

- --
Fredrik.Ljungberg@saab.se
Saab Ab
Flutter and Loads Department
voice +46 13 18 54 60, fax +46 13 18 33 63