Plants - sound the death march.

I have placed only 3 bunches of plants in the tank and 1 has survived.

Tank     50 gal 2 week setup
              Ph 6.4
               hardness 20 ppm
                temp 77.5 F
                two floresent 36 inch tubes
Two plants have died
White Arrowhead or Syngonium podophyllum v. "white butterfly"
Brazil Sword or Spathipbyllum tasson
I read on the Krib page one was not suited for the aquarium

Never research their needs and I know, for that, I deserve a smack in
the side of my head.  Learned my lesson for today.  Load of nuturients -
having a bad algae attack.  Any suggestions for plants and if possible
used their scientic names?

Thanks for the help