Re: panduro vs. "pandurini"

Julio,

Has A.panduro (aka A. sp pandurini) been given a full
scientific examination leading to the species name and not
the Apistogramma species  name e.g. sp "pandurini"?  (sorry
if this sounds confusing!)

I was of the opinion that a. sp pandurini should have been
called A.nijsseni "pandurini" as to look at them they are
so similar that they are surely the same species.  If
"pandurini" are a distinct species do you know the
difference between it and A.nijsseni to aid determining
which is which?  From the specimens I have seen it is
fairly easy to tell the females apart due to the larger
extent of black colouration, males are a different matter
as to me they look the same.

Thanks,
Ken.

> A. "pandurini", A. "coriati", and A. panduro are all the same species.
>
> Julio

Ken Laidlaw
Royal Observatory, Edinburgh
Tel: 0131-668 8100