Re: Apisto ID

 I think the
> killie "CI" (commercial importation) plus a date is what I'd try next
> time. Like Rio Ucayali CI 97/02, for example. If we all do it, maybe it
> will limp along and catch on at least in apisto circles.

With respect I would find this too restrictive and also
confusing.  It is difficult enough to obtain Apistos
without having to quote a location code.

If for example you were short of a female A.agassizi at
present you have a chance of finding one but if your plea
was for a A.agasizzi BRA 97/12 it may be impossible. Also
if we were to breed only fish from the same location the
quality of the aquarium bred fish may decline over a period
of time.

I also feel that keeping fish from one location pure in the
hobby is not important (as it is for annual killies) as
they in general do not come from bodies of water that are
isolated to a very small area.

Just my opinion,
Ken.

Ken Laidlaw