Re: black worms

IDMiamiBob wrote:

>  If I get into the smaller killies, I
> will probably have to try to get some tubifex again, as I have seen some
> killies have trouble getting the blacks into their tiny little gullets.
> Speaking of tiny, will Apistos as small as 3/4" be able to get eat blackworms
> whole, or do I need to chop them up?

Probably. Mine always could by that size. YMMV.

For rich smaller food, try grindals. They are a miniature of the white worm, but
don't die at higher temps like regular white worms. Nutritional value is
comparable, AFAIK.

Because of their origins in sewers (and cholera fears), real tubifex are getting
pretty hard to find. I think Kordon still distributes them in their breathable
sachets, after carefully cleansing them. [$$$$$ tho. ]

Wright

- --
Wright Huntley, Fremont CA, USA, 510 494-8679 huntley@ix.netcom.com
"Subvert the dominant paradigm!"