Re: RE: It's a matter of Breeding

Hi Richard,

> Does anyone know how to obtain Levamisole Hydrochloride in the Toronto
> area.  There don't seem to be any tropical fish vets out there and you
> need a prescription to obtain some.
> Most annoying!

Have you tried a livestock supplier, perhaps you could lie
and say it is for your pigs.

In the UK you do not need (at least you didn't 2 years ago)
a prescription and the UK has very tight drug laws.  e.g.
you cannot buy any anti-biotic products without a
prescription.

Or, you could go to a regular vet with some articles from
the web and beg him to give you the prescription.  The vet
I saw didn't particularly know anything about fish but I
took a fish along saying that I thought they were
nematodes, he then read up and recommended the drug &
doseage.

What about the US, could you have it sent from there to you.
Alternatively if you only need a few ml then I could spare
some, I'm a bit worried though about having the drug squad
at my door. Perhaps it is noty a good idea, never really
fancied prison!

Regards,
Ken.