Re: sponge filters

I would like to know why also, and I agree about the suction cups.  I tell
you,
if anyone ever comes up with a suction cup which works over the long term,
then the aquarium world will be the pathway to his door.  I have had Fluvals,
Eheims, Marineland, etc. and invariably it is the suction cups that go out
first.

At 09:52 PM 1/14/98 -0800, you wrote:
>Erik,
>Just curious - why don't you like Jungle sponge filters?  I've been
>using them for around 25 years and have always had good luck with them.
>The ones I don't like are the Tetra ones, since the suction cups never
>seem to work for more than 6 months.
>Mark

       William M. Groth
       groth@ruf.rice.edu