Re: Ramirezi died

>did you check water hardness before adding peat to the filter - in soft
water it
>may happen that the pH lowers to fast and to deep. Might be that sudden
change
>this was the reason of your ram dying. Carefully i would say that the rams
were
>sick before because one died before, one is separated because of fast
breathing.

>Did they look healthy?
>Did they take food?
>
>Thomas

Hi Thomas,
 The hardness of my water was 13 dH. The rams appeared and acted perfectly
normal this morning when I fed them. What really boggles my mind, is that
they died within minutes. I noticed the first one swimming spirals. Then it
started breathing infrequently and heavy, then 2 minutes later went another
one, then the third. It must have been poisoning of some sort. But whatever
it was, it didn't affect the other dwarfs. At least, until I left for work.

	Martin
Martin Rausch

Dept. Communication & Cooperation
Fraunhofer Institute