Re: Ramirezi died

On Jan 9,  9:58am, EXT AVS; Martin Rausch wrote:

> Well, There used to be 4 Ramirezi. One of them I isolated a couple of days
> ago with completely different symptoms (Extremely fast breathing, fish
> sinks to the bottom). That one is still alive. In the main tank (100 L/25
> gal) I kept them with 2 A. borelli and 2 undetermined specimen (A. ???)
> that I received a week ago. But I found a dead fish (Ram.) with spine bent
> about 4 weeks ago, long before the new mates arrived. Except for taking out
> the one Ram I didn't do anything unusual the last couple of days. In an
> effort to soften my water I added peat to my filter. It's the oddest thing.

I have had mysterious deaths amongst dwarfs as well. Usually it's only been
one fish dying and very infrequently. Have you checked pH, nitrite etc to
give any hints if the balance of the tanks has been disturbed ? Maybe you've
just been unlucky and found a bad batch of Rams.

I'm not good at diseases (have been lucky enough not to have many) so I hope
someone more knowledgable answers this.

Fredrik

- --
Fredrik.Ljungberg@saab.se
Saab Ab
Flutter and Loads Department
voice +46 13 18 54 60, fax +46 13 18 33 63