Re: New to list...lotsa Q's...

> > > Also, what be an adequate filter? I've used Aquaclear Minis in the past
> > > and liked them.

My preference is for air driven filters.  Either a sponge
or box filter.  The sponge is good when you have fry as
they will graze the sides for whatever is edible on there.
Box filters are good for putting peat in.  I trap some peat
between a top and bottom layer of filter floss.

You may have a risk of fry being sucked into a pump driven
filter.  You could fit a nylon stocking over the end but
this will prevent it from filtering large particles from
the water.

 Thanks for the recommendation. So I should look for 1.1 Apistogramma
> cacatuoides? I've researched these at The Krib. I'll have to see if my
> LFS carries them. If not, are their any others I could consider keeping
> in my 1o gallon?

Other fish I have kept and thought easy were A. borellii &
A. trifasciata.  If you wish to consider something other
than Apistogramma then Nannacara anomala is a nice fish and
very easy to breed.  Moving the male after spawning is a
must though in my experience.

> Thanks George! I've been visiting The Krib a lot lately for info on
> Dwarf Cichlids.

Also look at David Soares page which is
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Plains/7918/

Ken.