Re: Apisto availability in Sydney, Aus

I know this is old but I've only just been able to replace my network card.

Didn't see any responses from anyone in Sydney so I'll throw in my bit.
I'm from the southern side of Sydney and tend to frequent stores in the St
George-Sutherland-Canterbury region, with the odd foray to Bondi,
Parramatta or Liverpool.  Where exactly are you ?

As for species of Apistogramma available, I have seen borelli, cacatuoides,
steindachneri, macmasteri, nijsseni, agassizi and trifasciata (that I can
recall).  They are not always available.  I don't have any at the moment
due to a lack of space (no room for dwarf cichlids - what a joke !!!, but
it's true).  If you desperately want some apisto's I can put you in contact
with the NSW Cichlid Society, there are some members with breeding stock.

As for your question, I've kept borelli's with rams (2 pairs apiece) long
term and both bred on many occasions.

Steve