Re: Sponge Filters

<< I hope this doesn't sound too stupid, but what is a sponge filter?
> Please list examples (name brands, models). Thanks again everyone!

Sponge filters are a fine, open foam sponge attached to tubing.  Air draws
water through the tubing, ergo through the sponge, providing mechanical and
biological filtration.
The two most popular brands are the Jungle Dirt Magnet and Tetra Billifilter.
I like the tetras, even though they are a bit spendier, because they mount on
the side of the tank, preventing fry from getting trapped underneath.

Bob Dixon