Re: Apistogram

At 07:00 PM 1/28/98 -0600, Randy or Deb Carey wrote:

>I joined last summer, but I've got only one so far this since then.  As I
see it,
>my membership is to get the Apistogram.  It doesn't do me much good if all
I get
>is the priviledge to say "I belong."

According to what I can tell from the membership roster, it looks like you
joined (or last renewed)
some time in May of 1997. This means you should have gotten Issue #51 which
went out around
June of that year, but it is possible that we received the update from the
membership chair too late
to include you. (We get updates only once a month.) As the Apisto-Gram is a
quarterly publication,
and due to some hardware problems Kaycy & I (the publisher & mailing
coordinator respectively)
experienced, the "September" issue did not go out until the end of October
and according to our records
a copy was sent to "Randy Carey" in "Shoreview, MN 55126." (I also have the
street address but didn't
want to put that into a public forum. That issue was delivered as the ASG
pays extra to have all issues
forwarded or returned if delivery cannot be completed at the address we provide.

>So what's the deal?  Are the issues coming out and I'm getting missed, or
are they
>just not getting out?

The next issue is due out shortly. We've run into problems with the Post
Office updating their requirements
for us to mail at automation rates. We only save seven cents, but by going
through automated channels, 1-2
days are shaved off of delivery times compared to non-automation rates. But
even at that, it can take 7-10 days
to reach the furthest corners of the continental United States.

By now you should have received 1-2 issues, you'll be receiving another by
mid-February (depending on the
Post Office delivery schedule) and are entitled to the March and June 1998
issues as well. If you didn't get the
October issue (which probably showed up some time in November) let us know
off the list and we'll check
your street address for accuracy.

- -- dj