Re: A. cruzi? + Any cure for sick rams?

I just thought I would report my experience with ich.

I had an outbreak of ich a few months ago.
For sure I lost 2 loachs (botia striata), and 2 harlequins (rasbora heteromorpha).
The loachs were completely covered in it - it looked very nasty.
A few days before, one of my 4 rams (P.ramirez) also died - I didn't notice ich, but as I
hadn't seen it before, maybe I just missed it.

I think the main cause was moving the loachs to make way for my apistos. I
had never netted fish before, and with the tank being heavily planted took a long time to
catch them, which must have stressed them.

Anyway, after the 2 loachs and 2 harlequins were in a very bad way I treated the tank
with interpets 'anti-whitespot' and didn't lose any more fish. I didn't notice any
side-effects, the claim that the treatment does not affect the biological filter seems to
be true. The other fish in the tank - 5 harlequins, 3 rams and 3 zebra danios survived
ok.

So while some may prefer the temperature method, I can report good success with this
commercial treatment. I hasten to add that I have no connection with interpet other than
as a satisfied customer.

George Barwood