Re: A. cruzi? + Any cure for sick rams?

On Thu, 29 Jan 1998, Ken Laidlaw wrote:

> > Sounds like ich to me. There are various medications, but I have found
> > that raising the temp to about 90F for a week will do the trick. The
> > parasite can't take the heat.
>
> Hi Don,
>
> Can the fish take the heat alright?

Hello, Ken. I have used this method to treat community tanks containing
cichlids, tetras, cory cats, loaches, and whatnot. I never had a problem
with 90F for a week with any fish I have tried it on. I just prefer
treatments that don't involve adding chemicals to my aquaria. My favorites
are change the water, raise the temperature, and add salt (the one
chemical I recommend whole-heartedly.) Of course, I do not agree to
replace any fish you may lose if you try this method. Just watch the fish
for signs of distress. As always, actual mileage may vary.

Don

Donald Nute
Professor and Head, Department of Philosophy        (706) 542-2823
Director, Artificial Intelligence Center            (706) 542-0358
The University of Georgia                       FAX (706) 542-2839
Athens, Georgia  30602, U.S.A             http://ai.uga.edu/~dnute