Re: A. nijsenni

Fredrik.Ljungberg@saab.se said:

> > One more question:
> > The colour of the ring in the caudal fin of my nijsenni is more orange than
> red.
> > I remember i've seen red rings before. Is this a sign of degeneration, lack
> of
> > good food (vitamins) or have only wild caught fish that red ring?
> >
> > Thomas
>
> Try adding some iron to the tank. When Ap. nijsseni first was imported,
> the iron adding to produce the red in the ring was widely discussed.
> I've always added some iron to my tanks (for the plants mainly) and
> the Ap. nijsseni seem to benefit nicely. Mine (captive bred in Denmark)
> have very nice red rings.
>
> Diet should also be important. Lots of shrimp/beta-karotene should provoke
> some red colour (just look at what's in the Tetra Rubin and similar products).

or a pot of color..., but seriously that are good ideas, and surely successful,
but is it really necessary to add some stuff for having nice and colorful
fishes?  I dont like it when I have to repaint my apistos every week.

Expecting your hard debate

Wilfred

Wilfred Teiser - Germany
phoenix1@t-online.de