Re: New tank setup, which spec. do match

: Hi everybody,
:
: i'm planning a new setup for one of my tanks (240 l = 60 gallons,
: mates: 1,2 m *0,50 m*40 m). I would be interested in any experiences
: in UGF which i've never used before. What about plant growth in a tank
: with UGF ?

Depends on who you talk to. Some say "Absolutely Not!", others say
"OK, as long as each plant is individually potted", and still others
say "As long as you don't disturb the roots, knock yourself out".
Personally, I don't use one anymore, but when I did, they were great bio-
filters, especially w/ powerheads on the uptake tubes. Mow I use the
powerheads in conjunction w/ sponge filters & an external power filter.

- --
Michael Kelly Larsen       Cisco Systems, Routed WAN Engineering
Development Test Engineer    Network Management/Layer 3 Services
http://www.employees.org/~mlarsen/      mlarsen at cisco dot com
"Bug Checking is *brutally* cool!"             --Alex Doonesbury