Re: A.nijsseni and harems. -Reply

>>> <Fredrik.Ljungberg@saab.se> 01/15/98 06:44am >>>
> The Linke & Staeck book says that there is no harem forming
> tendency in nijsseni.   Has anyone ever kept more than one
> female per single male in a tank?  If yes, what were your
> observations.
>
> Thanks,
> Ken.

Ken,

Never saw it with our nijsenni, however the A. swarzsaum (?sp, also aka =
black edged apisto), always spawned in duplicate.  There were two females =
and one male and they would always spawn within one day of each other.  =
The fry of these parents also did the same thing and I recall an article =
from Kurt Zadnick reporting similar findings.

Kathy