A. cruzi? I would like to know too!

I have just gotten a pair of A. cruzi also.  I have basically the same
questions
and will tell you that they are currently in soft water generated from a home
softening unit which means that there is a pretty high content of disolved
solids
but relatively low GH.  The KH and pH are probably relatively high at the
moment
but I am planning a regimen of water changes with RO water to reduce the
total
disolved solids and will add Peat extract or "Waters of the World" for
South America.
I have hatchets as dithers and I may at some point add a zebra pleco to the
tank.
I have a clay "cave" for them which should allow seclusion if they wish to
spawn.
Thanks in advance for any information you all might provide.

At 12:53 PM 1/20/98 -0600, Lilia wrote:

>Recently I got a pair of A.cruzi. I can not find any specific information
>on keeping them. The only thing I found is what they belong to A.regini
>(sp?) group. And sales person (very good one) said they are "hardy". So

		[SNIP]

       William M. Groth
       groth@ruf.rice.edu
       Senior Staff Auditor