Re: Substrate- was A. cruzi?

<< So far they have been very easy to keep and breed
> and male is begining to show more color as he gets larger (light blue
> sheen). Females turn an attractive yellow when spawning and guarding
> fry. By the way, all my tanks have white/brown play sand as a substrate.
> This kind of sand is not sharp and the apistos seem to enjoy shifting
> through it.

This substrate interests me, by virtue of the fact it is light-colored and yet
you are getting spawns.  This runs contrary to my and others' experience as
witnessed in a recent thread.  Can anyone shed some light on the details of
the common collection sites of this species?