Re: veijitas

Anton E. Høgh wrote:

> I have just startet my tank again after some 14 years, and are trying out
> Apistos. My tank is roughly 62 Imp. galls. with 3 pairs of
> dwarfs.Microgeophagus ramirezi, microgeophagus altispinosa and some I
> bought under the name Apisto Viejita. Has any one experience with, or even
> heard about last mentioned? I would be very happy for any information...
>
> Anton Hoegh

Hello Anton,
Veijitas are a nice, generally easy to keep apisto. I found mine spawned
regularly in 140 ppm water, if peat filtration was used.
Actually, they're my favourite apisto - you got lucky there. They are
becoming more common than they were, but they're still not something you
encounter every day.
Thay can be aggressive among themselves - I was never able to harem
spawn them even when I had dozens. They form pairs. Also, as odd as it
sounds, the females were active but unless the tank was well-planted, I
always found my males to be shy.
Good luck,
Gary.